Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm writing a novel this November

My wife and I are signing up for the National Novel Writing Month game. We each will be writing a 50,000 word novel between November 1st and the 30th.

I will be devoting most of my free time to the endeavor. I plan to write about 2000 -2500 words each day. This way, I will be able to miss a few days and still hit the 50,000 word goal.

The point of the game is to discipline yourself to write each day, not to write a good novel. That's nice because it take the pressure off. And besides, I don't think I have a great or even good novel in me to start with!

I have the story idea already and will be thinking about the arc and trying to break it into the 25 parts that will make up the work over the next month.

I plan on using AbiWord when ever possible. AbiWord is my favorite word processor. It's all you most of us will ever need in a word processor. And it's free! I may also use MS wordpad when I can't use AbiWord. All the formatting will be done in AbiWord.

I want to do a post on AbiWord, so this will be a great basis for it.

Also, I plan on posting my work throughout the month on my other blog, Writing Discovery. I started that one to explore technical writing.

Stop by and check out my novel, if you are interested.

2 comments:

Charity said...

How's that novel going, Bob?

Bob said...

What novel?